Tuesday 18 December 2012

True Confessions: My Next Big Thing

Something a bit different today for True Confessions. I will be "confessing" to writing another erotic romance!
 
Last week my fellow Siren Publishing author Tonya Ramagos tagged me in her Next Big Thing, so this week it's my turn. The idea is that I answer ten questions about my latest project (My Next Big Thing) and tag more authors who will talk about their next big thing next week.

What is the title of your book?  The Art of Love


 
How did you come by the idea?  This is the second book in a series about the fictional town of Hedon Falls, Ontario. When I was creating the town, I thought about all the things that it should have and decided that an art gallery would be perfect. Then I thought what might happen if the gallery owner became involved with some of her artists and it just kind of took off from there.

 
What genre does your book fall under? Contemporary Menage Erotic Romance
 
Which actors would you choose to play your characters if it were a movie? My heroine, Melanie, would be played by  Reese Witherspoon.  Justin would be Benoit Magimel, David would be LL Cool J, and Garrett would be Leonardo DiCaprio .
 
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Melanie is the owner of a brand new art gallery in Hedon Falls and her search for talented artists leads her to three men that she cannot choose between.

 
Will your book be self-published or traditional? Hopefully traditional (planning to submit to Siren Publishing)

 
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? About six weeks. I would have had it finished during NaNoWriMo, but had to put it on hold for personal reasons.
 
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Oh, boy. This I'm really not sure about. I'm afraid I haven't done as much reading as I would have liked to, and what I read is usually quite different from what I write. I am woefully behind on reading the work of my fellow erotic romance authors.

 
Who or What inspired you to write this book?  I'm a big fan of the arts and I thought it would be important to have stories about the people involved in the arts. I would also have to say that I was inspired by the work of Belgian Artist Ben Heine.

 
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

It's MFMM (the men aren't sexually involved with each other), and there's lots of hot sex! I'm anticipating another SEXTREME rating. There are BDSM scenes, shower scenes, sex-on-the-floor scenes, sex in the restaurant scenes...Let's just say that Melanie does a lot of exploring with her artists. And in the end, she has to convince them that they can all live happily ever after.

 
Well, it seems I'm among the last to be tagged, meaning everyone else has already had their turn. :(  I managed to snag the lovely Laurie Roma, whose post will appear next week. Make sure to stop by. And here are some links to previous The Next Big Thing posts from some of my favourite authors. Check 'em out!

Paloma Beck
Tammy Dennings Maggy
Jennifer Denys
Tatum Throne

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the link sweetie! I like the idea of sex in the restaurant! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! And I like the idea of sex in the restaurant too! ;) Still plugging away, but getting closer to finishing. The ideas are there, it's just finding time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that highlight the arts community. I'll be popping this one on my TBR list. Good luck with the submission to Siren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fiona! The arts are my passion! And I contracted with Siren today so you'll see it available in March!

    ReplyDelete