Wednesday 26 December 2012

Really Random Wednesdays - Boxing Day Edition

Wednesday again, and here in Canada, it's Boxing Day. That's the day after Christmas, when stores open illegally and sell things for massive discounts and people try to return all the crappy presents they received. So I thought I would include a list of some of the crappier presents I've gotten over the years. I can't tell you where all of them came from because it may reveal too much of my secret identity, but I hope you can enjoy and commiserate!

Crappy Gift #1:  Edward doll from Twilight. This came from hubby. I admit to being a twihard and if Robert Pattinson ever showed up at my door wanting to fuck, I'd say, "Hell, yeah!". But a little plastic doll? I'm not twelve! I know hubby's heart is in the right place, but his head sometimes takes a bit of time to catch up!

Crappy Gift #2:  A gigantic (like 18"X18") stone tablet with some Chinese lettering and a carved flower. I have no idea what the thing said, or why someone looked at it and thought, "Gee, I bet Michelle would really love to have that," but it was hideous. Even if I had wanted to hang it, I would have had to reinforce some walls, the thing was so bloody heavy!

Crappy Gift #3:  This was a wedding gift but it fits nicely with the theme so I'm throwing it in. Hubby's cousin and his wife (both of whom are doctors I might add) got us a decorative (and I use the term loosely) plate. A plate. Not even the functional kind that I could serve things on, but one painted elaborately in shades of gold and diarrhea. It may have matched my parents' decor from when I was born (seventies), but certainly no sane person in the 21st century would put such a thing anywhere that people could see it!

Crappy Gift #4:  A set of note cards with some bizarre designs of birds and other assorted animals, in a pattern so busy it makes your eyes hurt. The best part of this one was that when I was at the dollar store yesterday grabbing some last minute stocking stuffers for the kids and the cats, I saw the same set of note cards. Lovely!

I hope you all had a fantastic, crappy gift-free Christmas! I'd love to hear about some of the lousy gifts you've gotten over the years!

No comments:

Post a Comment