Friday 7 December 2012

Follow This! Laurie Roma

As a new author, I know it can be hard to get the word out about your books. So I am starting a new feature called Follow This! Every Friday, I will feature a new author. These writers are expecting their first release or have recently released their first book. You can find out all about them, and the many places you can follow them!
 
Today's guest is the wonderful Laurie Roma, who writes erotic romance for Siren Publishing. Make sure you check out her blog for a special giveaway starting today!
 
Laurie Roma lives in Chicago and is the author of the IAD series. She has always loved immersing herself in a good book and now enjoys the pleasure of creating her own. She can usually be found tapping away on her keyboard, creating worlds for her characters while she listens to music. Of course her playlist depends on her mood…but then again, so does her writing.

An avid reader of the romance genre, nothing bothers her more than annoying characters. Seriously, who wants a happy ending for someone that pisses you off? She loves tough alpha-male heroes and strong heroines that have brains as well as beauty. Her novels are filled with both passionate romance and down and dirty lust-driven interludes, as she believes both are essential to a good love story. She loves to hear from her readers and can be reached at laurieromabooks@gmail.com.

www.bookstrand.com/laurie-roma
www.facebook.com/Laurie.Roma.90
www.facebook.com/pages/Laurie-Roma/179017578902388


What got you started in writing?

The short answer is I have always loved reading and I found myself saying, “Hey, I have stories to tell too!”

The long answer…well, that is a little more involved. See, my dating life has been an interesting and sometimes unbelievable mine field that could fill an entire season of Sex and the City! My friends always told me that I should write some of my stories down, since sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.  When I was in law school I started to do just that. It started as writing on the side during my free time, but after I graduated I decided to make writing a career. I have been lucky enough to use my imagination as a screenwriter in the film industry and started writing erotic romance as a hobby. Well, that hobby has now turned into an obsession, and it’s one that I don’t plan to ever give up!

How did you feel when you got that first acceptance?

Did I just win the lottery?! Hell yes! I know how difficult it is to break into the literary world and it was an incredible feeling to have my work validated by a publisher and even more so to hear that readers love my work. I still don’t think I’m over that feeling yet. J

What’s your biggest challenge as a brand new author?
Fortunately, I ‘ve had a wonderful time since being published. The other Siren Bookstrand authors have welcomed me with open arms and have helped guide me through some of the details that I never really thought about before joining the literary community. I think getting my name out is a challenge since there are a LOT of authors out there, but with time I feel confident my work will speak for itself.

What’s next for you?
I just finished the second book of my IAD Agency series. *Spoiler alert!* The second book features IAD agent Tara Toshi, who has been such fun to write. It has been a pleasure watching her fall in love! The story is set in both Chicago and Las Vegas...and has more action, more intrigue and of course more hot passion than the first!  I absolutely LOVE writing about the characters of this series and, lucky me, there are numerous agents that each have a story to tell!

I am also working on a HOT new series that has a sci-fi, shifter ménage theme. This is a new genre for me and, if it is received well, I will continue on with this series as well.

Tell us about your newest release.
Under Pressure is the first novel of the IAD Agency series and was just released in October. The feedback on Under Pressure has been amazing so far, and if you’re a fan of Contemporary/Romantic Suspense with an erotic twist, then this is the story for you!

The IAD Agency series novels are all stand-alone stories, but it is highly recommended to read them in order to get the most enjoyment from the series!

 
 
Book Blurb:  UNDER PRESSURE [Siren Classic: Erotic Romantic Suspense, HEA]

Jason MacBain is the perfect agent. Tall, dark, and deadly, he is a man who lives by simple rules—kill the bad guys and protect the world. Closed off from his emotions, Jason has never believed in love and doesn’t need anyone. But all that changes the night he meets Bella Moretti…

Isabella Moretti is a famous chef struggling to reclaim her life after she survives a vicious attack. Moving back to Chicago to recover and be closer to her family, Bella meets Jason and is frightened by the passion he stirs inside her. But now that Jason has found Bella, he is determined to claim her as his. And when her stalker reappears, Jason is under pressure to gain her trust, find a way to keep her safe, and do whatever it takes to end the threat to her for good.

Bella is forced to trust Jason with her safety, but does she dare trust him with her heart?

A Siren Erotic Romance

Buy Links:




ADULT EXCERPT

Bella was tight, so tight she fit him like a glove. Feeling her pussy grip down on his cock almost made him spill himself inside her, but he needed this to last. Holding himself still, he waited until he felt her body relax around him. No matter how many times they made love, Jason was always careful to go slow at the start. To feel out what her body told him. Every muscle in his body tightened as he held himself under control, careful not to hurt her.

“Touch me. Don’t stop touching me,” Bella pleaded.

“God, I am, love. I won’t stop. I can’t.”

He slowly pulled out of her tight pussy and then pushed back in, starting a slow sensuous ride while he placed soft kisses on her shoulder, making her moan. One big hand caressing her breast while the other stroked over her abdomen, holding her back against his hard chest. Whimpering in frustration, Bella tried to speed up the pace as Jason’s long thick cock continued to glide inside her wet warmth slowly.

“Easy, love. I’m too big. You have to relax more.” He turned her head to nip at her lush lower lip, and she jerked his head down to capture his mouth with hers.

Relaxing the muscles of her pussy over his cock, she tried to throw her hips back at him as forcefully as she could.

He hissed at the pressure and gripped her hip hard with his hand, trying to stop her. “Bloody hell, Bella, baby, we have to go slow—”

“No, not slow. Hard. I want to come. I’m so close, please, please.”

Jason’s hand went down to play across her clit, wanting her to come so he could stop worrying about hurting her. His body tight with need, he forced himself to continue his slow pace when everything inside him demanded that he fuck himself into her. He wanted to pound himself deep, so deep she would never get him out. He lightly pinched the small nub as he continued to push his cock slowly into her until he was wedged up to her cervix.

“Come then. Come for me, love. Let me feel you go over for me,” his deep voice rumbled.

She tried to fight it, but he was relentlessly playing her body like an instrument. His fingers continued to rub her clit, making her gasp. She tried once again to speed up the rhythm, causing Jason’s breath to hiss out in pleasure and frustration.

“Come, Bella. Don’t fight it, just let go. Dammit come for me. Come now.” Jason’s deep voice was tight with lust and was enough to spark Bella’s body into overdrive.

Her body burst.

Bella let out a keening cry as fire swept through her and flames of pleasure licked through her entire body. She came and exploded with passion, but still it wasn’t what she wanted. She wanted, no, needed to feel him let go. She needed him to be with her, all the way.

Jason could feel the muscles of her tight pussy clench down on his cock, her shudders increasing the pressure until he swore his cock was being strangled in her tight sheath. He pushed his throbbing shaft deep as he rode out her orgasm, using small jabs and keeping pressure on her clit to heighten her pleasure.

He pulled out until only the head of his cock was lodged inside her and forged his was back inside her to the hilt, testing her readiness now. He could fuck her now, pump his hard cock inside her slick pussy in a hard pounding like he needed to now, but he forced himself to stop. That wasn’t what she needed, especially after last night’s nightmare.

She was slick with her own cream now, her body dripping with her desire, and his cock continued to slide inside her welcoming heat with a slow steady rhythm. His hand reached down and gripped her leg to hold her open for him. He slid his other hand over her breast, again pinching and rolling her nipple between his fingers as he struggled not to spill himself yet.

Bella turned her head and her mouth sought his. She nipped and sucked at his tongue, driving him mad with pleasure. Bella felt the yearning growing again, building deep inside her, sharp and urgent. The feel of him inside her made her burn with passion, the need to feel him with her, more, always. Desire sparked and heated, turning the need into something she would die for.

She wanted more.

She wanted everything.

Bella set his body on fire, and the flames of need grew into a firestorm that threatened his control. The tip of his cock wept his arousal, throbbing with the urgent need to fuck into her welcoming body hard and fast. His body screamed for release, but still he held back.

“Bella, easy, love—”

Temper had Bella snapping, “I need you, Jason. Stop treating me like I’m made of glass. I need you. Hard. Now. Please fuck me.”

Jason stopped with his cock embedded deep within her. When he failed to move, Bella struggled, trying to get him to release her but unable to loosen his hold. “Bella. I don’t want to hurt you. Just let me love you.”

She let out a shriek of frustration. “Why can’t you see that you don’t have to treat me like I’m going to break? Dammit, I don’t need your protection when we’re in bed. Either treat me like a woman or let me go.”

Already on edge, anger collided with raw desire in his system and had him growling. “Let you go? Never, baby, do you fucking hear me? Never. You want me to treat you like a woman? You are my woman.”

“Then prove it,” Bella snapped back.

Jason simply felt his tight control break. It was as if the imaginary shackles he had placed on himself had simply dissolved, leaving the wild beast free. He rolled her over onto her stomach, placing his muscled thighs between hers. He used his legs to spread her wide to accommodate his large body. The need burned white hot and demanded to be sated. He brought her hips up and back without dislodging his cock from inside her, and with a ragged breath he gritted out, “Jesus, love, hold on. Fuck, just hold on.”

2 comments:

  1. That excerpt is HOT Laurie! Yet another addition to my TBR! Don't know when I'm going to find the time! Thanks for being my guest today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting me, Michelle! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete