Friday 5 April 2013

Follow This! Jess Buffet

Today I have the wonderful Jess Buffet visiting! Her book, The Kayan's Mage, is a unique new take on wolf-shifters. Plus some HOT MM interaction! Read on!


What got you started in writing? 
Apart from my addiction to romance stories, it was probably when I had to have surgery on my spine. Stuck in bed for so long, I had read all the books I had and my hubby suggested I try writing my own stories. I was forever telling him about these really good ideas, that I wished other authors would use so he told me to try. Honestly I didn’t think much would come from it, but now here I am with one book out and at least three more on their way within the next two months.

How did you feel when you got that first acceptance?  
Shock. I didn’t quite believe it at first. I had to get someone to read it for me. Then you couldn’t shut me up about it. Lol.

What’s your biggest challenge as a brand new author?   
Getting out there and getting noticed. Thankfully I’ve made some pretty terrific friends, other authors who have been where I am, that are helping me out.

What’s next for you?
Hunter Clan 2 – Riley’s Vampire Prince is out May 28th and Hunter Clan 3 is on the way. Plus I have another M/M due out May 4th with Silver Publishing titled Always Been You, a M/F also with Silver titled Cowboy’s Chocolate Roses.   

Tell us about your newest release
Hunter Clan 1 – The Kayan’s Mage is the first book in a M/M paranormal series set on the Central Coast of New South Wales in Australia. My home. The Clan is like a pack, they are wolf-shifters led by their Kayan, Jake Hunter.

I’ve used a range of different terms for my book. There are so many great books out there that I knew I’d have to do something different to catch people’s attention. So, in my book you won’t find a Pack, Alpha, Beta and enforcers, instead you’ll find a Clan, Kayan, Yabyu and Ishads which comes from Turkish history.
The other main character is Sawyer McLeod, an elemental Mage with a few issues, a connection to recent attacks, and a mean right hook when you piss him off. In Sawyer’s own words “That’s right, bitch. This twink fights back!”


Blurb –
Sawyer McLeod lost his family and his entire Guild, except his twin, seven years ago. Now almost twenty-one, he is coming to the age to receive his abilities as a Mage. Unfortunately there are others who will stop at nothing to see the brother’s don’t survive that long.

When Jake Hunter, Kayan for a Clan of Wolf Shifters living in Australia, finally finds his true-mate he doesn’t expect it to be in the midst of a brutal attack. Through omissions of truth, misunderstandings and fear, Jake struggles to prove to Sawyer that he can trust him.

When Sawyer is finally willing to give Jake a chance, a ghost from the past returns to destroy everything they have built together. Will they be able to overcome the foe long thought gone, or will it be the end for the Kayan’s Mage?

Where can fans find you?
I can be found in numerous places:
Goodreads - http://www.goodreads.com/Jess_Buffett
Twitter - https://twitter.com/JessBuffett       

No comments:

Post a Comment