Thursday 6 August 2015

Meanwhile, In the Wilds of Ontario...


This blog post is brought to you from the wilds of northern Ontario. No, not really. Thank God for scheduling blog posts!

As this post goes live, I will be with hubby and the family visiting friends at their cottage. There is no internet, wi-fi, or even electricity. I'll let you know if I survive.

Ever tried to unplug for a while? I hate not having a device in my hands, even if I'm only playing a game or reading. I don't have to be online, but the thought of no power is freaky. It's been a long time since I've been camping and the site is remote enough that there aren't any towns nearby. What the heck did people do with their time back in the old days?

I suspect there will be hiking and swimming and campfires galore. I pray to successfully avoid poison ivy or any other sort of plant that will make me itch though I'm pretty sure I will be a smorgasbord for the mosquitoes.

But maybe I'll be able to find some quiet time to just reflect and be inspired. I don't need electricity to write in a notebook. And it will be nice to have some time with the family where we're not all glued to a screen of some kind.

If I'm completely honest though? The thing I'm most looking foward to is coming home! Catch you next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment